About the role
We are looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic tutor who can deliver City and Guilds Level One Practical Horticulture Skills in Community Settings across Lancashire.
In this varied role, your duties will include:
- Delivering the course in a variety of community settings.
- Completing all course paperwork, supporting in risk assessment writing and following the College procedures in terms of accident and safeguarding reporting.
- Providing feedback to the Adult Skills team in terms of course or student issues or possible amendments for future delivery.
- Undertaking College Mandatory Training for Short Course Tutors if not already a College employee.
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the HR team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria.
- On Demand
- Adult Skills
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- Qualified Part time hourly paid Lecturer rate £21.36 per hour Unqualified hourly rate £18.27 Includes an element of holiday pay
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Sunday 10 July 2022
Application details and documents
- Application Form Adult Skills Horticulture Tutor 10.07.2022
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1)
- Privacy Notice Applicants (10)