Casual Animal Care Technicians – Based at Preston
My career at Myerscough College – Inspiring Excellence
About the role
Apply today to join our Animal Studies Team as a Casual Animal Technician.
As a Casual Animal Technician, you will provide reliable and regular weekend / Bank holiday and college holiday cover and will be available on a rota basis to support the animal unit.
Some of your duties will include:
- Undertaking correct feeding, watering of all species on the Animal unit as instructed
- Undertaking thorough cleaning of animal housing and replenish bedding/ enrichment as necessary
- Undertaking correct handling and health checking of appropriate species on the animal unit as instructed
In this role of Casual Animal Care Technician, under the direction of full-time staff, you will be responsible for the maintenance and promotion of high animal welfare standards and care at all times in compliance with Animal Welfare Act 2006 and relevant Codes of Practice across our range of small animal, exotic and large animals.
Please request an application pack via firstname.lastname@example.org
Why join us?
At Myerscough College and University Centre we have a nationally and internationally recognised Further Education, Higher Education, Adult Education and Apprenticeship provision. The Further Education provision is well established, the Higher Education provision has a well-recognised partnership with UCLan and the apprenticeship provision is operational nationally. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable working environment, where colleagues are inspired to make a positive difference to the educational experience and employability of our students. We are one of the top five largest land-based and sports colleges in the UK.
Visit our website https://bit.ly/CareersAtMyerscough for the full list of excellent benefits our college offers.
Safeguarding our students is of paramount importance. Our recruitment process has been designed to keep students safe and to ensure that we appoint safe and suitable people.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment background and safeguarding checks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for complying with all safeguarding policies and practices, and for ensuring student safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of everything they do.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we want all our candidates to have a fair and equal opportunity to secure employment with us. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups: BAME applicants, disabled applicants, and LGBTQIA applicants.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, due to a disability, then please speak with a member of the People team.
As a disability confident employer, we commit to guaranteeing an interview for any disabled applicant who meets all of the essential criteria
- Weekend / Bank holiday cover / College Holiday cover
- Animal Studies
- Myerscough College (Preston)
- National Minimum Wage in line with age
- Reference No
- Closing Date
- Monday 19 June 2023
Application details and documents
- Application Form Casual Animal Technicians 19.06.2023
- Advisory Note Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act V 2.0 Reviewed 03.02.2021Updated (2)
- Child Protection And Safeguarding Policy And Procedure (Updated Jan 2022) (1) (1)
- Guidance Notes For Applicants Updated 6.4.2020 (2)
- Recruitment Policy And Procedure (1)